Want to start your day on the right track? Then whip up a delicious vitamin packed smoothie that will keep your mind clear and your body happy. Here are a few of our favorite fruit smoothies that you will surely love.
Barbara’s Green Smoothie
Do you want to lessen your intake of medicine for diabetes? This recipe for green smoothie will not only help normalize abnormal blood sugar, but it will also give your body the energy it needs for exercise. Drink one serving of green smoothie every morning before doing your morning workout. Check out this website for more information on combating type 2 diabetes with smoothies.
- 1 small orange, peeled
- 2 big handfuls of spinach
- 1 large kale or chard leaf or 2 baby bok choi (nutrition info is for 1 kale leaf)
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries (nutrition info is for blueberries)
- 1 serving vegan protein powder
- 1 tsp goji berries, soaked for 10 minutes
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened organic coconut milk
Blueberry Yogurt Smoothie
Summer is just around the corner and there’s no better way to refresh yourself than with a tall glass of fruit and yogurt smoothie. Blueberries are packed with all the good stuff like vitamin C and antioxidants, while yogurt can give your body a healthy dose of probiotics for a healthy digestive system. Plus, this recipe for blueberry smoothie is as delicious as it looks.
- 1 cup plain, unflavored Yogurt
- 1 cup blueberries (organic)
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1 dash Honey
Mango Banana Smoothie
Wake up to a delicious treat every morning with this easy mango banana smoothie recipe. You will love the tanginess of mango and the sweetness of banana, all rolled into one vitamin packed drink. If you’re looking for a nutritious breakfast recipe that won’t get your blood sugar levels soaring first thing in the morning, then this is the perfect alternative.
- 1 mango, pitted, peeled and diced
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup ice
If you like your smoothies thick and creamy, then you’ll love this tropical smoothie recipe. The tropical smoothie isn’t just delicious, it’s also packed with vitamins and minerals that will get your body going. The protein in this smoothie recipe makes it a great after workout treat.
- 1½ cup soy milk
- ¼ cup orange juice with pineapple
- 2 heaping cups frozen tropical fruit blend (papaya, mango, pineapple and strawberries)
- 1 banana
- ½ scoop vanilla protein powder
No Disneyland trip will ever be complete without stopping by the Tiki Room for a Dole Whip. This pineapple soft serve is sweet, zesty, and creamy, making it the perfect afternoon snack for children and adults alike. Now you don’t have to step foot into Disneyland just to get a taste of this infamous Tiki Room specialty. Just follow this homemade Dole Whip recipe to a tee and you’ll be reliving your childhood memories in no time.
- 2 cups frozen pineapple
- 1/4 cup milk of choice (Try canned coconut milk for piña colada soft serve!)
- 1/16 tsp salt
- A pinch pure Stevia extract, or 2 tbsp sugar of choice
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
Try out these recipes and let us know what you think. If you have any fruity smoothie recipes that you would like to share, do let us know in the comments section below.