Thanksgiving is one of my favorite times of year. I love the chance to gather with family and friends, eat delicious food and be thankful for all that is in my life. As I was browsing for holiday ideas, the following autumn harvest Thanksgiving card got me thinking about different ways to decorate for Thanksgiving.
That card inspired me to put together a Thanksgiving centerpiece made out of fruits and veggies.
Creating your own centerpiece out of fall fruits and veggies is a great way to get the creativity flowing. The best part is there is no right or wrong way to put it together.
- Wooden tree slab (I picked mine up from Michaels)
- Assorted fruits and vegetables including: Brussels’s sprouts, pears, persimmons, artichoke, squash (including delicate, acorn, carnival, etc.), apples, gourds, pumpkins, carrots, parsnips, kale, cabbage and more
- Flowers, such as mums or daises, in fall colors
Note: I recommend having more fruits and veggies than you need so you can experiment with different pieces.
1. Place your wood slab in the middle of the table. You will be building your arrangement around this piece.
2. I started by placing kale leaves on the wood base to start with some texture. I also placed my two biggest pieces first, the artichoke and delicate squash, and then I filled in the gaps with smaller pieces.
3. When I had used all of the fruits and veggies I wanted, I filled in the negative space with small maroon and yellow flowers to add texture to the piece.
4. I also added two stalks of Brussels’s sprouts that I picked up from Trader Joe’s on either side of the centerpiece. I added a few gourds and candles and my table was ready to go!
This centerpiece is a lot of fun to put together and will look great in so many spaces. You can also enjoy the fruits and veggies after Thanksgiving. Do you have any centerpieces you enjoy creating for Thanksgiving? Let us know in the comments below.